Every business that uses computers, email, the internet and software on a daily basis should have information technology (I.T.) policies in place.
How do I write policies and procedures?
Use our manual template to write your policies.
The template includes:
- a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy to make sure your staff are productive at all times and places
- a security policy to make sure all your devices are password protected and backed up
- an electronic transactions policy to make sure any eCommerce you have is kept safe
- an emergency management policy to make sure you have systems in place for when things go wrong.
If you're looking for a social media policy, you should also look at our human resources manual template.
Why use a policy and procedure manual?
The main benefits to having an information technology policy and procedure manual are:
- it ensures all staff are aware of obligations in relation to selection, use and safety when utilising information technology within the business
- it's a proven way to help your managers and supervisors make consistent and reliable decisions
- it helps give each employee a clear understanding as to what you expect and allow.
It takes a little effort to complete, but brings definite long-term benefits, reduces disputes, and adds to the professionalism of your business.