With an increasing number of consumers searching for information and booking holidays online, an effective digital marketing strategy is one of the most important aspects of any tourism business.
Digital marketing activities include developing and maintaining a website, e-marketing initiatives, social media and online bookings and distribution.
Create an ATDW listing
Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) listings are an essential marketing tool for tourism businesses and events that:
- increase your online exposure
- boost Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) of your own website
- drive traffic to your website
A big benefit of ATDW listings is they appear on many travel sites around Australia, including Visit Victoria and many regional tourism organisation websites. This means you only have to enter your business details once, and your listing is displayed on many websites.
The tourism e-kit
The tourism e-kit is a great tool for any tourism businesses exploring different digital marketing options. Comprising a series of free tutorials, the kit covers all aspects of online marketing from basics such as:
- creating a user-friendly website
- tracking and reporting online traffic
- marketing by email
- conducting a Google Adwords campaign
- developing an online presence in the Chinese market