- Small and medium sized business ($822 million): The third round of the Business Support Fund provides grants of $20,000, $15,000 or $10,000, depending on size, to around 75,000 eligible businesses with a payroll of up to $10 million.
- Licensed Hospitality Business ($251 million): The Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund provides grants of up to $30,000 for licensed pubs, clubs, hotels, bars, restaurants and reception centres, based on their venue capacity and location, plus liquor license fees waived until 2021.
- Sole Trader Support Fund ($100 million): The Sole Trader Support Fund provides grants of $3,000 to over 30,000 eligible sole traders in sectors such as retail, accommodation and food services, creative and media, hairdressing, gyms, events, education and training who operate from a commercial premises or location as a tenant.
- Alpine businesses ($4.3 million): Grants of up to $20,000 to help alpine businesses pay a service charge to Alpine Resort Management Boards.
- Business Chambers and Trader Groups ($5 million): Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups is a competitive grants program to support local business groups and chambers of commerce in helping their members adapt to COVID Normal.
The package also provides additional funding, tools and resources to help businesses adapt and prepare for reopening under COVID Normal settings.
- $100 million Melbourne City Recovery Fund, a partnership between the Victorian Government and the City of Melbourne to support Melbourne’s CBD on the roadmap for reopening to COVID Normal in the lead up to Christmas and during summer. The fund includes:
- $30 million worth of grants for small and medium businesses to pay for equipment, convert spaces like rooftops and courtyards into hospitality zones and remodel internal layouts to allow for the better flow of patrons
- $30 million to support COVIDSafe events and cultural activities to attract visitors back to the CBD when it is safe to do so
- $40 million towards providing physical improvements to the CBD streetscape, which could include wider footpaths, bollards and street planter boxes
- $87.5 million Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package to support hospitality businesses prepare for COVID Normal reopening across Victoria. This includes:
- $58 million for grants of $5,000 for hospitality businesses with an annual payroll of less than $3 million to help them adapt to outdoor dining
- $29.5 million for grants of up to $500,000 per metro and regional city council, and $250,000 per rural council, to deliver reduced or waived permit fees, or invest in new infrastructure and equipment to support outdoor dining.
- $20 million Small Business Digital Adaptation Program to allow eligible businesses to trial and then receive access to digital products, tools and training they can use to build digital capability in their day-to-day operations.
- $15.7 million package to help Victorian exporters get their products to market by addressing logistics and supply chain issues caused by the pandemic, and establishing new trade channels through virtual trade missions and assistance adapting their export strategies in a rapidly changing global market. Register your interest for the Export Recovery Package by visiting the Global Victoria website.
- $8.5 million to market and expand the ‘Click for Vic’ campaign to promote small Victorian producer and encourage more Victorians to support local businesses.
Waivers and deferrals
The Government is also providing $1.8 billion in tax and cashflow support.
- $1.7 billion to defer payroll tax for businesses with payrolls up to $10 million for the full 2020-21 financial year
- $41 million to bring forward the 50% stamp duty discount for commercial and industrial property for all of Regional Victoria
- $33 million to defer the planned increase in the landfill levy for six months
- $30 million to waive 25% of the Congestion Levy this year, with the outstanding balance deferred.
- $27 million in liquor license fee waivers for 2021
- $6 million to waive Vacant Residential Land Tax for vacancies in 2020.