On 30 May 2021, the Victorian Government launched a $250 million Circuit Breaker Business Support Package to assist businesses affected by the COVID-19 circuit breaker restrictions announced on 27 May 2021. Information about the new package can be found on the Circuit Breaker Business Support Package page.
Business Support Package Overview
The Business Support Package provides more support to help businesses and workers through to the other side of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The new package includes:
- The Business Support Fund – Expansion program providing $10,000 for employing businesses in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire and $5,000 for employing businesses in regional Victoria (except Mitchell Shire.)
- A $30 million dedicated fund for Victoria’s night time economy to support the hardest hit businesses in hospitality.
- $26 million in mental health support will ensure Victorians dealing with the compounding challenges of running a small business can get the support they need as they navigate their way through the crisis.
- A $10 million business mentoring program, pairing small business owners with experienced professionals who can help them navigate their way through the crisis.
- A $40 million capped fund for regional tourism businesses to cover the costs of refunds.
- A $20 million fund to support small businesses in Melbourne’s CBD that are faced with a large and sustained shock to their trading environments. This includes $10 million funding for support delivered by the City of Melbourne.
Businesses will also benefit from an extended and expanded payroll tax deferral. Eligible businesses with payrolls up to $10 million can defer their liabilities for the first half of the 2020/21 financial year.
Please visit the individual program pages linked below for more details.