The Latrobe Valley Supply Chain Transition Program (LVSCTP) is an initiative providing Latrobe supply chain companies with intensive support to plan for their future.
- support valued at $5000 to review an existing Business Transition Plan
- support valued at $16,000 to develop a Business Transition Plan
- support valued at up to $10,000 for Merger Advisory Services
- support valued at up to $55,000 for Business Transition Services.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for assistance under the LVSCTP, supply chain companies must generally meet the following criteria, and:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Victoria
- have been trading continuously for the past four years
- be a Victorian based business, with at least 20 per cent of revenue* derived from the Latrobe Valley based company facing closure and their supply chain
- be based in the Latrobe Valley (Latrobe, Wellington and Baw Baw Shires)
*Applicants must attach a statement from their accountant (on letterhead) that confirms their revenue sources, using the following template:
What you need to have before applying
Please ensure you have read the relevant program guidelines and understand the program requirements before submitting an application.
- Download and read the Latrobe Valley Supply Chain Transition Program - program guidelines (PDF 108.38 KB).
Supply chain companies must select a Business Specialist from the attached supplier list to develop their transition project. If you wish to work with a Business Specialist that is not listed, they must separately submit an application that meets the selection criteria and be approved to become a supplier to this program.
- Download and read the Business specialist list - updated 09.17 (DOCX 38.15 KB).
Applications for Business Transition and Merger Advisory Services must include a quote from the Business Specialist/s outlining the scope of work to be delivered, pricing and relevant timelines.
What you get
Business Transition Plan
An independent Business Specialist will provide intensive assistance to participating supply chain companies, including the development of a transition plan to identify future opportunities, including target sectors and market/s for diversification, as well as the strategies needed to pursue new opportunities.
Business Specialists can also be engaged to undertake a review of an existing transition plan that was developed outside of the program after November 2016. The review will determine if appropriate strategies are in place to assist the supply chain company through the transition period, and make recommendations for change where appropriate.
Business Transition Services
Participating supply chain companies may also be eligible to receive assistance towards business transition activities identified in their plan. The nature of support will depend on the outcomes identified in the Business Transition Plan.
Merger Advisory Services
Where business merger has been identified in the Business Transition Plan as the appropriate course of action, support for Merger Advisory Services may be provided to maximise retention of industry capability and jobs. Merger Advisory Services are designed to provide advice on the strategies required for a business merger.
Tips and hints
- Applicants must declare in their application they have spoken to their nominated Business Specialist/s about the LVSCTP and are satisfied with work proposed.
- Participating supply chain companies must dedicate appropriate resources to effectively deliver the project.
How to apply
This program is closed for application.
Get in touch
Call the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org