Grants of up to $15,000 are available to eligible small-scale and craft agribusinesses for projects that support businesses to, modernise equipment or adopt new technologies, leverage your business, diversify product range, access new markets or develop specialised skills.
Applications will be open until 11:59pm on 26 March 2021.
What is not eligible?
- Businesses that have previously received a Stream One grant under the program
- Government departments or agencies, unincorporated associations, franchisees and subsidiaries of larger companies
- Local councils are not eligible to apply as a sole recipient but can be listed as a party for group proposals
- Individuals and businesses operating in the wine sector
- Applicants that have applied for another state government grant for the same project
- Applicants not based in Victoria
- Ongoing operating expenses or other ‘business as usual’ expenses (including utility costs; advertising and social media; operational wage-related costs; online costs - such as internet connectivity, website domain names and hosting; e-commerce platforms)
- Fees associated with permits for planning or annual certification
- Ongoing or routine maintenance costs
- Costs associated with applying for government grants and funding programs
- The purchase, lease or acquisition of land
- Travel, flight and accommodation costs
- Events and associated promotion costs
- Vehicles or vehicle associated costs such as tractors and forklifts
- Costs associated with scholarships
- Grants will not be provided for retrospective activities (activities that occur prior to the executed Grant Agreement) or equipment that was purchased prior to the execution of the Grant Agreement.
What can the grant be used for?
Grant funding may be used for the following types of projects:
- New equipment or small-scale infrastructure (including signage)
- Technology adoption (training and on-going maintenance and service support costs are excluded)
- Expansion into new markets, including market development strategies and export support
- Brand development (including graphic design)
- Product diversification.
Other eligible expenditure will be accepted on a per case basis. Projects must be completed within four months of the executed Grant Agreement.
When can I apply for a grant?
The program closes on 26 March 2021 at 11:59pm.
How do I apply for a grant?
To apply, read the guidelines first, then if eligible, click on ‘apply now’ button on this page.
Please ensure you have read the Small-Scale and Craft Stream One: Round Two guidelines thoroughly to ensure you are eligible, you have all documentation required and understand what is required.
Once my application is submitted, what happens next?
You will receive an automated email, stating your application has been received. Once the grants close, the assessment process will commence and you will be notified in approximately eight to twelve weeks of the outcome.
What is a legal entity?
A legal entity is an association, corporation, trustee of a trust, or individual that has legal standing in the eyes of the law.
A legal entity has legal capacity to enter into agreements or contracts, assume obligations, incur and pay debts, sue and be sued in its own right, and to be held responsible for its actions.