What is the Independent Cinema Support Program?
The Independent Cinema Support Program provides grants of $12,000 per cinema venue to independent cinema operators in Victoria who have closed and incurred direct costs and loss of income greater than $12,000 because of recent restrictions.
The program is part of the Victorian Government’s Circuit Breaker Business Support Package.
Who is eligible for the Independent Cinema Support Program?
To be eligible for this program, applicants must:
- be based in Victoria
- be privately owned
- be registered as operating an independent cinema in Victoria within the ANZSIC class code 5513
- operate one or more cinemas in Victoria, as the primary activity of the business
- have incurred direct costs and loss of income greater than $12,000 because of the restrictions that began on Friday 28 May 2021.
Guidelines, including eligibility and how to apply, will be available soon under the Victorian Events Support Package.
What can an Independent Cinema Support Program grant be used for?
Businesses can use grants to:
- pay expenses, such as utilities, wages or rent
- seek financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning
- develop the business through marketing and communications activities
- any other supporting activities related to the business operation.
I have applied for funding under another Victorian Government program. Can I still apply for the independent Cinema Support Program?
Yes. Businesses that have applied and received a grant from another Victorian Government business support program can still apply for this grant if they meet the eligibility criteria. They will have the amount received from other business support programs discounted from the total grant received under this program.