21 Apr 2022
Changes will include:
Vaccination and check in
- Patrons won’t be required to have 2 doses or show their vaccination status before entering any venue.
- The requirement for staff and patrons of venues to check-in using the Service Victoria app will end, with operators not required to keep any attendance records or maintain a COVID-19 Check-in Marshal.
- The existing 2-dose and 3-dose vaccination mandates for workers are still required.
- Face masks will no longer be required in hospitality and retail settings, or at events of any size.
- Face masks will still be required on public transport and at airports – excluding airport workers who aren’t public facing – and in sensitive settings.
Quarantine and isolation
- Close contacts will no longer have to quarantine – provided they wear a face mask indoors and avoid sensitive settings. They will also need to undertake at least 5 negative rapid tests over the seven days that would previously have been the self-quarantine period.
- The requirement to isolate for 7 days following a COVID-19 diagnosis remains.
- Individuals will be required to notify their workplace contacts, in addition to informing their social contacts.
- Workplaces won’t have to individually identify and notify each potentially exposed worker.
- It is recommended to work from home if you're a close contact exempt from quarantine.
Events with more than 30,000 people will no longer require public health pre-approval.
COVIDSafe Plans are still required in all workplaces.
For more information, visit High vax rate means most restrictions can safely ease.