About the COVIDSafe Plan
A COVIDSafe Plan is a list of health and safety actions. It is an important part of the occupational health and safety obligations of every workplace.
Preparing your COVIDSafe Plan
Every Victorian business or organisation with on-site operations should keep a COVIDSafe Plan at each workplace.
They should provide it to an Authorised Officer upon request and co-operate with any direction given by an authorised officer or WorkSafe inspector to modify the COVIDSafe plan. The plan should set out how the workplace will keep workers, customers and other attendees safe from COVID-19. It also helps to prepare for a case of COVID-19 in the workplace.
A COVIDSafe Plan should demonstrate how the business will:
- manage a COVID-19 case at the workplace
- address record keeping requirements, including the process for recording vaccination status of workers, if applicable to their sector
- address relevant face mask and protective personal equipment requirements
- take steps to mitigate the introduction of COVID-19 to the workplace
- respond to any symptomatic worker or confirmed cases of COVID-19
- document evidence of compliance with the COVIDSafe Plan.
Workplaces should also consider any other advice and requirements relevant to developing their COVIDSafe Plan – such as employment or occupational health and safety laws.
All workplaces should regularly review and update their COVIDSafe Plan to ensure it reflects the current COVIDSafe settings.
COVIDSafe Plan and workers
Employees should comply with the COVIDSafe Plan, so it is important they understand it. Employers should ask for their input, including from Health and Safety representatives, and provide training. Employees should be able to easily access a copy of the plan. This will ensure the plan is implemented and updated when circumstances change.