What is the purpose of this website?
Business Victoria is a comprehensive online resource designed to help you start, run and grow your business.
On this website you can:
- access information about key business issues and get your questions answered
- access information about specific industry sectors
- identify the government licences and regulations that apply to your business
- step through interactive guides customised to your business situation
- find relevant financial support, advice and training.
What programs and services does Business Victoria deliver?
Business Victoria delivers a number of programs and services to support Victorian business to start, run and transform their business.
- The Small Business Bus, a ‘travelling office on wheels’ that delivers friendly, professional advice from subject matter experts to locations throughout metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria
- Business Victoria Workshops, providing opportunities to learn new skills on topics such as starting your business, business planning, taking your business online, finance, marketing and more.
- Grants and programs to help your business deal with change, develop new products or services, improve sustainability and improve existing products and competitiveness.
- Upskill my business – delivered in partnership with the state’s top education providers and industry experts, Upskill My business provides Victoria businesses impacted by COVID-19 access to practical help with free online courses, live and on-demand events and a range of business resources to help you prepare for a strong recovery.
- Partners in Wellbeing Helpful provides mental health support for Victorian small business owners dealing with the challenges presented by COVID-19.
- Business recovery and resilience mentoring delivers free, customised mentoring to small businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible business owners can apply to receive up to four 2-hour mentoring sessions with an experienced professional who will help them make informed decisions about the future of their business
- Business Victoria Update eNewsletter provides fornightly tips, tools, news and events to help you run and grow your business.
- I am a business owner in Victoria, Australia is Business Victoria's Facebook Group, providing the opportunity to network, share contacts, seek and provide business advice, and participate in positive discussion to a community of over 20,000 Victorian business owners and operators.
- Small Business Regulation Review - Cutting red tape and reducing regulatory burden for small business is a priority for the Victorian Government. To help achieve this, the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR) is leading a review of regulation impacting small businesses.
- Retail Shopping Strips Forum - To better understand the challenges faced by some local strip shopping precincts in metropolitan and regional Victoria, the Victorian Government hosted a forum on 11 November 2019.
- Supporting small businesses in dairy communities.
More information can be found on the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions website.
Who publishes this website?
Business Victoria website is published by the State Government of Victoria, Australia and is managed by the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR).
How do I contact Business Victoria?
Please visit our Contact us page to submit a business-related enquiry, find a contact or provide feedback on the website.