Frequently asked questions
You can make a complaint about a Business Victoria business support program by:
- submitting a complaint form; or
- calling Business Victoria on 13 22 15.
If you require a translator, please let the operator know and they will call the Translating and Interpreting Service for you.
Business Victoria grant programs include:
COVID-19 business support programs
- Alpine Resorts Support Program
- Business Chambers and Trader Groups Program (rounds 1–3)
- Business Costs Assistance Program (all rounds and payments)
- Business Recovery and Resilience Mentoring Program
- Business Support Fund
- Business Support Fund - Expansion
- Business Support Fund - Third Round
- CBD Small Hospitality Grant
- Commercial Landlord Hardship Fund (rounds 1–4)
- Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme
- First Peoples' COVID-19 Business Support Fund
- Hospitality Business Grant Program
- Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund (all rounds and payments)
- Melbourne Travel Voucher Scheme
- Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package Business Grants
- Night-time Economy Business Support Initiative
- Regional Tourism Accommodation Support Program
- Regional Travel Voucher Scheme
- Small Business Digital Adaptation Program
- Small Business Ventilation Program
- Sole Trader Support Fund
- St John Ambulance Mental Health and Crisis Support Training
- Victorian Accommodation Support Program
- Wellbeing and Mental Health Support for Victorian Businesses
Flood support programs for businesses
- Small Business Immediate Flood Relief Program
- Business and Community Sport Flood Recovery Grants
- Business Relief Service
If the program you want to make a complaint about is not on this list, such as Ready for Growth, Small Business Specialist Advice Pathways Program or any other, please check the ‘other’ box on the form below.
Complaints and feedback will be considered in relation to:
- the quality or timeliness of service provided by Business Victoria
- the advice or communication provided by Business Victoria
- adherence to the published program guidelines and processes
Once your complaint has been received by Business Victoria, it will be acknowledged within one working day and provided to the review team to be resolved.
The review team will:
- Examine the evidence related to the complaint in the context of the published program guidelines; and
- Determine if there are sufficient grounds to uphold the complaint, or any part of the complaint
- Confirm next steps and communicate the outcome to you via email or phone.
Your complaint will be resolved within 14 days unless further investigation is required. If further investigation is required, you may be contacted by phone or email asking for additional information.
You can call the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15 and quote your reference number.
There are a number of other review and complaint options that you can access.
The Victorian Ombudsman can investigate complaints about a Victorian public organisation. You can contact the Victorian Ombudsman on 1800 806 314 from 9am to 5pm Monday–Friday, or lodge a complaint on their website.
Independent Broad-Based Anti-Corruption Commission
The Victorian Independent Broad-Based Anti-Corruption Commission (IBAC) investigates allegations of public sector corruption and police misconduct. You can contact IBAC on 1300 735 135 from 10am to 4pm Monday–Friday, or lodge a complaint on their website.
Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner
The Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner investigates complaints about failures to comply with the Information Privacy Principles. You can contact the Office on 1300 006 842 from 9am to 5pm Monday–Friday, or lodge a complaint on their website.
Please submit your complaint using the form below.