The content of this Victorian Government web site is provided for information purposes only. No claim is made as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the content on this site at any time.
This website and the information it contains is provided for general guidance. Whilst the information on this website is intended to be of general assistance, it is not intended as providing professional advice to any person or organisation. You should make your own inquiries as to the appropriateness and suitability of the information on this site for your particular circumstances.
Any calculators on this site are intended as a guide only and do not take the place of professional advice.
The Victorian Government and this agency (the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions [DJPR]) do not accept any liability to any person for the information (or the use of such information) which is provided on this website or incorporated into it by reference.
The information on this web site must only be displayed in full screen format. No responsibility is taken for any information or services that may appear on any linked web sites.
You should check the information, including verification of dates and venues in calendars or associated information, with the contacts or organisations listed within the text.
Further, the views expressed by the contributors or on linked websites are not necessarily endorsed by the publisher and the Victorian Government and may not reflect either the policies or practices of the Government of Victoria.
Additionally, although we have made every effort to ensure that the material provided in downloads is complete, current, reliable, free from error and virus contamination, we do not warrant or make any representation about the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information or whether the download has been corrupted or tainted by viruses.
We do, however, welcome feedback from you about downloads and other web site content.
Business Victoria social media guidelines
While Business Victoria welcomes commentary and interaction on its social media channels, it reserves the right to moderate content including, but not limited to, the removal of hiding of posts, comments or tags, for content that:
- violates the Business Victoria community guidelines
- contains identifying information that may negatively impact an individual or business. This includes information that pertains to legal proceedings or that might be seen as defamatory or libellous.
- any public posts that contain personal information such as passwords, phone numbers, postal or email addresses. These will be deleted for your safety and privacy – the person in question will be contacted by private message instead.
- is of an overtly political nature (Business Victoria is politically neutral).
Please be aware of these important points when interacting with our social media channels.
The I’m a business owner in Victoria, Australia Facebook Group is moderated by the team at Business Victoria along with a group of volunteer moderators from the Victorian business community.
Business Victoria supports free speech and engagement with others on all of our digital channels; however, we reserve the right to remove anything posted to our channels that is deemed to be offensive or abusive, including but not limited to:
- violent, obscene, politically extreme, profane, pornographic, hateful, threatening, harassing, suggestive or racist posts, links, or images.
- comments that threaten or defame any person or organisation.
- solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any commercial organisation not posted specifically or approved by Business Victoria.
- off-topic posts.
- “Trolling” - posts that are intentionally provocative or offensive in order to get attention, cause trouble or upset other users.
- “Spamming” - Repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users.
- gratuitous swearing
- insult or humiliation of any person or group (including, without limitation, based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability)
- false, misleading, or deceptive content.
Penalties for breaches of these Guidelines in the Facebook Group can include being ‘muted’ in the Group (limiting interaction with the Group for a period of time) or removal from the Group.
In circumstances where it has been viewed as necessary, we may ban users from our social media channels. In all cases, the decisions of our moderators are final.
In extreme circumstance of harassment, or where the safety of private persons or public figures is threatened, the poster may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
Any kind of abuse of Business Victoria staff will not be tolerated. Activity of this nature may lead to posts being removed without response and/or possible bans on the poster.
We do not moderate comments based on favourable or unfavourable experiences with, or opinions of, Business Victoria. We welcome feedback about positive and negative experiences you've had with Business Victoria or the grants and programs we deliver. This allows us to forward feedback as appropriate to ensure we are providing the best service to the community.
Business Victoria is not responsible for the personal, political, organisational or religious beliefs of its friends, fans or followers across all social networks.
All contributors are asked to keep in mind Business Victoria’s core values of accountability, integrity and respect when engaging with our platforms.
Business Victoria may vary these terms from time to time. You should check for variations periodically.
Social Networking Tools
As a user of this site you agree to be bound by the individual Terms and Conditions set out in each website or by each Social Networking Provider.
Additional Departmental Disclaimers apply as below:
- if you follow @businessvic we will not automatically follow you back
- being followed by Business Victoria does not imply endorsement of any kind
- the Department accepts no responsibility for lack of service due to Twitter downtime
- keywords and statistics for click throughs will be monitored
- we will try to reply to all messages and responses but cannot guarantee we will be able to respond to each individual enquiry.
Some of the content on this website may relate to the former Premier, Minister or Government. The website will be updated to reflect changes to the Victorian Government and Ministry as they are received.