Business Victoria, in partnership with Monarch Institute, delivers virtual business advice sessions for Victorian businesses.
Business owners and those wishing to start a business can receive one free 45-minute session with an expert who can advise on:
- marketing, website, digital marketing strategies
- employing and managing staff
- financial strategies to increase sales and profits
- the next steps with a completed business action plan.
You have the flexibility to book the next available session or select an adviser based on their specialised experience.
Virtual advice sessions are available Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm and can be undertaken virtually or via phone.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
How many advice sessions can I receive under this program?
One free 45-minute general business advice session is available per business.
What can I expect after I make a booking?
You will receive a confirmation upon booking an advice session. This is followed by an email reminder about your session in the week leading up to your allocated session time and a text sent 24 hours prior.
Who is delivering the sessions?
Monarch Institute is one of Australia's premier training and skills organisations. Established in 2011, Monarch Institute has successfully helped over 25,000 participants improve their skills and knowledge through its customised professional courses and workshops delivered by respected professionals and leading thinkers. They are well equipped with advisers who are skilled with business expertise.
What can I expect to receive from my advice session?
The session can be used for setting directions, resolving key issues and developing action plans to achieve business goals. Business owners will be provided with a business action plan after their session.
What other support can I receive once I've completed my session?
- Free business workshops and live webinars.
- Upskill My Business — free online training from industry groups and the state's top education providers.
- Partners in Wellbeing helpline (1300 375 330) — free access to wellbeing coaches, financial counsellors and business advisers.
Sign up to the Business Victoria Update newsletter to receive the latest tips, tools, grants, news and events to help your business grow.