This program is closed. If you were unsuccessful in your application and did not receive funding, requests for reassessment closed at 11:59pm on Wednesday 31 January 2024.
On this page
- Why did I have to submit an enquiry about my unsuccessful application to a COVID-19 business support program by Wednesday 31 January 2024?
- Can I return my payment?
This program was delivered by the former Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions. The program is now closed. The information on this web page is provided as a reference for people who applied to that program and would like to appeal an unsuccessful outcome or return their payment.
Information contained in the guidelines document including website links may be out of date.
Recipients of the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two and the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two July Extension who are in 24 sectors that were affected by capacity limits when reopening in late July 2021 under COVID-19 restrictions will receive a $5000 payment.
On 28 July 2021, the Victorian Government also announced that businesses in Melbourne’s CBD that receive a Business Continuity Fund payment will receive an additional $2000 payment.
Why did I have to submit an enquiry about my unsuccessful application to a COVID-19 business support program by Wednesday 31 January 2024? Which programs does this apply to?
These programs have been closed 12 months or longer. Unsuccessful applicants have had sufficient time to submit an enquiry.
- Business Support Fund (all rounds)
- Sole Trader Support Fund
- Business Costs Assistance Program (all rounds and payments)
- Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund (all rounds and payments)
- Small Business COVID Hardship Fund
- Commercial Landlord Hardship Fund (all rounds)
- Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package
- COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program
- Small Business Digital Adaptation Program (all rounds)
- Melbourne Travel Voucher Scheme (all rounds)
- Regional Travel Voucher Scheme (all rounds)
- Seniors Travel Voucher Scheme (all rounds)
- Rapid Antigen Test Allocation Pilot
- Night Time Economy Business Support Initiative
- COVID Safe Deep Cleaning Rebate
- Test Isolation Payment Program
Unsuccessful applicants still have the option of contacting the Victorian Ombudsman. The Victorian Ombudsman handles complaints about actions and decisions of departments and other Victorian public bodies.
Can I return my Business Continuity Fund payment?
Yes, if you would like to return your payment, you can email email@example.com.
Please make sure you:
- clearly state that you want to return your payment; and
- provide your GA number (this can be found at the top of your application form or in the confirmation email you received after submitting your application).