This program is closed. If you were unsuccessful in your application and did not receive funding, requests for reassessment closed at 11:59pm on Wednesday 31 January 2024.
On this page
- Why did I have to submit an enquiry about my unsuccessful application to a COVID-19 business support program by Wednesday 31 January 2024?
- Can I return my payment?
This program was delivered by the former Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions. The program is now closed. The information on this web page is provided as a reference for people who applied to that program and would like to appeal an unsuccessful outcome or return their payment.
Information contained in the guidelines document including website links may be out of date.
To be eligible for the rebate, businesses must meet all of the following criteria:
- operate from a worksite or premises in Victoria where a person suspected or confirmed to have coronavirus (COVID-19)
- has been on site when they may have been infectious
- have undertaken a ‘deep clean’ or ‘decontamination clean’ of the affected worksite by a professional cleaning service in accordance with Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) guidelines on coronavirus (COVID-19) ‘deep cleans’ or ‘decontamination cleans’.
- have evidence of the expenditure incurred for the cost of the decontamination cleaning at the affected worksite and payment of the expenditure
- hold a valid Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have an annual payroll of less than $3 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- be registered with WorkSafe if employing people
- be registered as a trading business with the responsible federal or state regulator.
Why did I have to submit an enquiry about my unsuccessful application to a COVID-19 business support program by Wednesday 31 January 2024? Which programs does this apply to?
These programs have been closed 12 months or longer. Unsuccessful applicants have had sufficient time to submit an enquiry.
- Business Support Fund (all rounds)
- Sole Trader Support Fund
- Business Costs Assistance Program (all rounds and payments)
- Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund (all rounds and payments)
- Small Business COVID Hardship Fund
- Commercial Landlord Hardship Fund (all rounds)
- Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package
- COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program
- Small Business Digital Adaptation Program (all rounds)
- Melbourne Travel Voucher Scheme (all rounds)
- Regional Travel Voucher Scheme (all rounds)
- Seniors Travel Voucher Scheme (all rounds)
- Rapid Antigen Test Allocation Pilot
- Night Time Economy Business Support Initiative
- COVID Safe Deep Cleaning Rebate
- Test Isolation Payment Program
Unsuccessful applicants still have the option of contacting the Victorian Ombudsman. The Victorian Ombudsman handles complaints about actions and decisions of departments and other Victorian public bodies.
Can I return my COVIDSafe Deep Cleaning Rebate payment?
Yes, if you would like to return your payment, you can email email@example.com.
Please make sure you:
- clearly state that you want to return your payment; and
- provide your GA number (this can be found at the top of your application form or in the confirmation email you received after submitting your application).