Business advisers play an important role in helping small business operators and sole traders succeed. Business advisers can include accountants, bookkeepers, tax agents, industry associations and representative bodies.
Signs your client is stressed or needs support
As a business adviser you may notice some signs that your client is stressed or in need of support.
These signs can include:
- not communicating with you as often as usual
- speaking negatively about themselves or their business
- expressing conflict with their staff or customers
- missing or not engaging in appointments
- not completing normal tasks
Clients may also talk about their wellbeing during your meetings with them.
Learn skills to support your small business clients
Resources are available to train and upskill advisers to support their clients' wellbeing. These skills ensure small businesses have people in their network who understand the challenges they face.