Due to funding being fully allocated, the program is now closed for new applications.
The Victorian Government will provide $50,000 to $250,000 (excluding GST) per grant for On-Farm Energy Tier 2 grants.
Applicants are required to have a valid on-farm energy assessment conducted in the past two years to access Tier 2 grants available under the Agriculture Investment Energy Plan (AEIP).
What is an On-Farm Energy Tier 2 Grant?
On-Farm Energy Tier 2 Grants are available to eligible primary producers. On-Farm Energy Tier 2 grants support projects that make energy improvements across farm systems. Projects must demonstrate a significant improvement in energy productivity of an Applicant’s farming activities.
On-Farm Energy Tier 2 Grants form part of the Victorian Government's Agriculture Energy Investment Plan (AEIP).
Potential value of support
The government will provide $50,000 to $250,000 (excluding GST). Recipients are required to contribute at least 50 per cent of the total cash costs of the project.
To be eligible for an On-Farm Energy Tier 2 Grant farms must meet all of the following criteria:
- meet the general eligibility criteria
- be in receipt of an On-Farm Energy Assessment (Type 2) undertaken as part of the AEIP Energy Assessment Program, or an approved Equivalent Energy Assessment
- be able to meet the agreed (minimum 50 per cent) private cash contribution, and provide evidence of the contribution
- attest to having obtained all relevant regulatory permits and approvals for the Project to commence (where applicable).
Who is not eligible for an On-Farm Energy Tier 2 Grant?
- Farm business engaged in forestry, on-sea aquaculture and agriculture transport operators
- Farm businesses that have energy expenses below $25,000 (excluding GST)
- Commonwealth, State and Local Government agencies or bodies
- Publicly funded research institutions
- Industry associations
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Community-based organisations.
If you are unsure about your eligibility or have a question about the application process, please call the Customer Contact Centre on 136 186.
What documentation will be required for the application?
Documentation required for the application includes:
- a minimum of one itemised quote for all equipment items and/or fit-out cost identified in the energy assessment report
- an itemised on-farm energy assessment report that relates to your equipment requirements for individual applicants that have received a Group On-Farm Energy Assessment
- a copy of an equivalent on-farm energy assessment, if not undertaken through the Agricultural Energy Investment Plan
- documentation required for undertaking a Financial Risk Assessment report.
Applicants may be contacted by DEDJTR to provide additional supporting documentation.
DEDJTR reserves the right to request additional information from applicants on quoted prices to ensure competitive market rates.
Applications can only be submitted online.
Supporting documents like as your quotes, will need to be uploaded electronically via the online application form.
How do I apply?
Due to funding being fully allocated, this program closed for new applications at 5pm on 6 October 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: If your application in successful, you will receive a letter of offer and a standard agreement that will need to be signed and returned.