New courses commencing in March 2024
The Digital Jobs for Manufacturing program has added new courses to upskill senior managers and decision makers in the manufacturing sector. These courses will develop a strategic level understanding of emerging technologies and their application in a manufacturing business context.
The new courses, commencing from March 2024, are:
- Cyber Governance, Risk and Compliance for Leaders – Monash College
- Change and Digital Manufacturing: How to lead your business through the digitisation journey – Monash College
- De-mystifying Industry 4.0 for Leaders – Swinburne University of Technology
- Digital Manufacturing / Industry 4.0 Awareness and Experience: 1 Day Workshop for Leaders – Swinburne University of Technology
You can submit an application for these courses via the Apply Now button.
The Digital Jobs for Manufacturing Program offers grants of up to $5000 to assist Victorian manufacturing businesses adapt to a digital operating environment.
The program is open to businesses with a manufacturing presence in Victoria which are on a growth trajectory and are seeking to utilise their existing workforce to apply digital technology to their operations.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
See how businesses are benefiting from the Digital Jobs for Manufacturing Program.
About the program
The Digital Jobs for Manufacturing Program provides funding to enrol a nominated employee in a 12-week online, part-time industry endorsed digital skills course in one of the following streams:
- Additive manufacturing
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) / machine learning
- Computer aided design/manufacturing (CAD/CAM)
- Cloud computing
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Data analytics
- Digital marketing
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- IT operations and support
- Product management
- Programming / software development
- Project management (agile)
- User experience / User interface (UX/UI)
- Web development
Courses will run in January, May and September 2023 and January and May 2024.
Applications for funding must be submitted via the “Apply now” link on the left or bottom of this page.
Please refer to the Digital Jobs for Manufacturing – Course handbook (PDF 2126.65 KB) for more information on available courses.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible under the program:
- Is a legal entity with an operating business presence in Victoria
- Has a current Australian Business Number (ABN) and held that ABN on and from 1 October 2022
- Has been registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on and from 1 October 2022
- Has met all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards
- Attests that they will make their nominated employee/s available for training in the selected training round; and
- Attests that both the applicant and their employee/s will participate in any future program evaluation activities.
Grants of up to $5000 are available per employee and require funded manufacturers to ensure their nominated employee is provided an opportunity to earn and learn.
This includes incorporating a digital element into the employee’s position description upon completion of the training, and ensuring the employee of assigned relevant work activities and tasks to apply and embed their learning.
Eligible businesses can receive funding for up to five (5) employees to undertake training throughout the life of the program.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Applications close on:
- January round: 19 January 2024
- March leadership courses: 16 February 2024
- May round: 17 May 2024