This program is now closed
What is the Live Performance Support Program (Presenters) Round Two
The Live Performance Support Program (Presenters) Round Two provides grants to eligible businesses that have been affected by the cancellation or postponement of events as a result of COVID-19 lockdowns and public health restrictions between 11:59pm on 27 May 2021 and 11:59pm on 2 September 2021.
Presenters are those responsible for the staging of the event, such as producers, promoters, venue owners and artists promoting their own show.
If you are a contracted supplier to a live performance event, you may be eligible for support under the Live Performance Support Program (Suppliers) Round Two.
Guidelines, including eligibility and how to apply, are available at Live Performance Support Program (Presenters) Round Two.
What changes have been made since the first round of the program?
The following changes have been made to the eligibility criteria for Round Two of the Live Performance Support Program (Presenters):
- ANZSIC codes are no longer required.
- The event must be for an audience of at least 75 people or, in the case of a performance that is repeated across multiple days or a season at the same location, a minimum audience of 200.
- Dates have been extended in line with the extended restrictions period.
- Applicants can apply for two events instead of one.
- Applicants can receive a maximum of $12,000 across the two rounds of the program.
What support is available under the Live Performance Support Program (Presenters) Round Two?
Applicants can apply for either $7000 or $5000 for one event, depending on the losses or unrecoverable costs incurred, and a further $5000 for a second event. There is a cap of $12,000 per applicant across the two rounds of the program.
If you have received funding through the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two or Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021, the amount you can receive through the Live Performance Support Program will be reduced.
Who is eligible for the Live Performance Support Program (Presenters) Round Two?
To be eligible for grant under this program, a business must:
- be in Victoria
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) registered in Victoria and have held that ABN from 27 May 2021
- meet the definition in the guidelines of a ‘Presenter’ of a ‘Live Performance Event’
- had scheduled an event to take place between 11:59pm on 27 May 2021 and 11:59pm on 2 September 2021 and was unable to proceed due to lockdown or COVID-19 health restrictions that commenced at 11:59pm on 27 May 2021
- have incurred losses or unrecoverable costs equal to or greater than the amount applied for (either $7000 or $5000 for one event and an additional $5000 for a second event, if applicable).
- be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on 27 May 2021
- be trading solvently at the time of application
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator
- gain consent from the key Contracted Suppliers for the affected event to give the following business details in the application: business name and ABN.
And if it is an employing business, it must also:
- be registered with WorkSafe Victoria
- have an annual Victorian payroll of up to $10 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- attest that the business is supporting its workers to access any paid leave entitlements, or that if a person can work from home, to work from home during the circuit breaker action, and supporting their casual workers, where possible.
For full eligibility requirements, please refer to the program guidelines.
I have applied for or received support through Round One of the Live Performance Support Program (Presenters), am I eligible to apply again under Round Two?
Yes. If you have additional events that have been impacted by COVID-19 lockdowns or health restrictions, you can apply for further support through Round Two of the Live Performance Support Program. However, you cannot apply for the same event for which you received a grant under Round One.
How is a live performance defined?
A live performance event is an event able to be attended by members of the public that is:
- planned and announced to be delivered on a date or multiple dates between 11:59pm on 27 May 2021 and 11:59pm on 2 September 2021
- intended for a live audience
- created for an audience of at least 75 people or, in the case of a performance that is repeated across multiple days or a season at the same location, a minimum aggregate audience of 200.
A live performance event presents creative or cultural content and may include, but is not limited to, music, singing, theatre, opera, dance, comedy or arena events. This does not include sporting, business, private or educational events, whether or not creative or cultural content is included.
I run a venue and present events – can I apply for this program?
Yes. Venues scheduled to present eligible events can apply for support through this program.
I am a Victorian presenter and was scheduled to present an event interstate – can I apply for funding?
Yes. Victorian presenters who have had eligible events in interstate locations cancelled can apply for support through this program.
My business is based outside of Victoria and I had an event scheduled for presentation in Victoria, am I eligible for support through this program?
No. This program is only open to Victorian based and registered businesses.
Can I apply for both the Presenters and Suppliers streams of the Live Performance Support Program Round Two?
No. Applicants must apply for either the Presenters or Suppliers streams. You cannot apply for both.
Who is a presenter?
A presenter is a person or organisation with the right to hold, cancel or reschedule an event, collect the proceeds from ticket sales or re-locate a live performance event.
This could be a producer, promoter, venue owner or artist promoting their own show. Victorian Government-owned or multi-year funded organisations are not eligible for support through this program.
I am an artist/performer/musician. Can I apply for support?
Yes. If you present or promote your own event, you can apply for up to $7000 for one live performance event and $5000 for a second event. There is a cap of $12,000 per applicant across the two rounds of the program.
If you are not the event presenter but you were contracted to work on an event that was affected, you may be eligible under the Live Performance Support Program (Suppliers) Round Two. For more information visit Live Performance Support Program (Suppliers) FAQs.
I am not GST-registered. Can I still apply through the Live Performance Support Program (Presenters)?
Applicants to the presenters’ stream must be registered for GST on 27 May 2021. More information about this is available on the Australian Taxation Office website.
Not-for-profit entities with annual turnover between $75,000 and $150,000, which are not registered for GST and are registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission, are eligible to apply.
Applicants to the suppliers’ stream do not need to be registered for GST.
Do I need to have an Australian Business Number (ABN) to apply?
Yes. Applicants must have an ABN that is registered in Victoria and have held that ABN from 27 May 2021.
How can I use a Live Performance Support Program (Presenters) grant?
The grants must be used to assist businesses; for example on:
- meeting business costs, including utilities, wages or rent
- seeking financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning
- developing the business through marketing and communications activities
- any other supporting activities related to the operation of the business.
My business has previously received funding under another Victorian Government program. Can I still apply for the Live Performance Support Program (Presenters) Round Two?
Yes. If you have received funding through other Victorian Government business support programs you can apply for assistance under this program.
The amount received from other business support programs (such as the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two and the Licensed Hospitality Venues Fund 2021) will be deducted from the grant you receive under this program.
Please note that if your organisation is state-owned or receives multi-year organisational support from the Victorian Government, it will not be eligible for support through the Live Performance Support Program (Presenters) Round Two.
When will the Live Performance Support Program (Presenters) Round Two open for applications?
The program opens for applications on Wednesday 18 August 2021 until 11:59pm on Wednesday 8 September 2021.
I have applied for a grant under the Live Performance Support Program (Presenters) Round Two. When will I receive a notification on the outcome of my application?
We will endeavour to notify all applicants of the outcome of their application by Wednesday 29 September 2021.
Please note that there may be delays if further information is required to complete your application, for example:
- it does not have correct evidence or documentation
- it appears to duplicate an application for the same event
- the ABN or bank details provided are incorrect
- the information provided does not match information registered with relevant regulators or partner agencies, such as the State Revenue Office, Australian Business Register or WorkSafe Victoria.
How can I find out more information?
For further information or if you have any queries about your application, contact the Business Victoria Hotline on 13 22 15.