24 Nov 2021
On 30 September, the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments announced a $2.27 billion business support package that would support businesses experiencing significant restrictions that were put in place as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Given the continued and significant easing of restrictions across all sectors from 29 October, fortnightly top-up payments for the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Five concluded at the end of that month.
The final payment to eligible licensed hospitality businesses under the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021 was made in mid November.
There continues to be a range of supports available to help your business:
- COVID-19 Business Information includes COVIDSafe Plans, signs, posters and other resources to protect your staff and customers and ensure your business operates safely.
- Concierge Service is available for sole traders or microbusinesses seeking information or advice about COVID-19 support.
- COVIDSafe Deep Cleaning Rebate is available to small- and medium-sized businesses for deep cleaning where anyone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 has been on the premises or worksite while infectious. The rebate covers up to 80 per cent of the cleaning costs at each worksite, capped at a grant of $10,000 (for a total cleaning cost of $12,500).
- Partners in Wellbeing is a free and confidential helpline available seven days a week to support businesses with mental wellbeing and financial concerns, along with advice on topics such as marketing, HR and risk management.
- Virtual Business Mentoring provides business owners with one free 45-minute mentoring session with a subject matter expert to advise on business planning; marketing, website and digital strategies; employing and managing staff; and financial strategies to increase sales and profit.
- Small Business Energy Saver Program provides small businesses with significant discounts to upgrade to energy efficient equipment.
There are also many more resources on Business Victoria’s website to help you start, operate and grow a successful business in Victoria.
For information on Victoria's Roadmap, industry restrictions or to book a vaccination, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au or call the Business Victoria hotline on 13 22 15.